Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 22, 2008

Ben Folds!


As many of you know, I am a HUGE Ben Folds fan. Have been ever since my brother loaned me a CD in the spring of 1999. I was recovering from cancer treatment at the time and something in his music healed my soul. If you could actually wear out a CD, I would have - I played it that much. Of course now I own everything Ben has done and have MANY favorites. His "The Luckiest" describes how I feel about Blair. My musical tastes have also spilled over to Abby and one of her favorite songs is "Gracie" by Ben Folds. Anyway, if you're wondering why I'm ranting about Ben Folds....it's because....HE'S COMING IN CONCERT! I don't think I've been this excited about a concert for a VERY long time and I just bought tickets to see the Police in the summer. Yeah, I'm excited about that one because they actually got back together to tour, but Ben Folds is at the TOP of my "people I'd like to see in concert" list. Yes, the top of the list. So, you can imagine my excitement when I got the following email:

Concert Quench to raise money for Care for Cambodia! Ben Folds with opening local bands Chris Merritt, Mesa Drive, and Allred. Where: SaltAir When: Wednesday, April 23rd, doors open at 7:00. As many of you probable know, Judy Vu and I are part of Rotaract, which is a local service group that works with Rotary clubs. This year we decided to have a fundraiser to raise $50,000 for Care for Cambodia, which provides the supplies and expertise to build clean water wells in the poverty stricken areas of Cambodia. To do this we have organized a concert with Ben Folds at SaltAir. General ticket sales will begin March 1 at 10:00 from SmithTix and KTix for $32.50, but before this, 101.9 The End is going to be doing a pre-sale promotion for the concert from February 27-29 where they will be selling tickets for $20.This is going to be a great concert, and because SaltAir only has a capacity of 3,400, we anticipate that it is going to sell out quickly, so make sure to get your tickets soon. See you there. -Lily Marsden, MSII

These are second-year medical students who put this together. There are so many lovely perks to what I do during the day! So, if you love Ben as much as I do, check out the information about tickets and SEE YOU THERE! :)

No comments: