Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Fun Way to Do Labor Day

As many of you know, Blair & I have parents and grandparents who live relatively close (no, that pun was not intended) to each other. Because of this, we have the blessing of spending pretty much every holiday with BOTH families. And, because we started a fun tradition several Labor Days ago of breakfast at Ruth's Diner with Derk, and then the zoo...we have continued and this year we were lucky enough to have Laurel & Doug in town to accompany us to the zoo! This was Ethan's first time at the zoo and it was SOOOOOOOO fun to get to spend some time with them! It was Christine's first year of the tradition as well, and can I just say how truly AWESOME it is to have such a fun sister-in-law?

This is Blair & Abby (who was thrilled to be with her Dad at the zoo!)


Here are Derk & Christine, getting ready to check out the new baby monkey...(no, not Abby!)


This is Abby & Ethan, pretending to be birds in a nest!
Here is Ethan in the beaver dam...isn't he darling?
After the zoo, we headed for the cabin where Abby spent a few hours in the river -- truly one of her most FAVORITE things on the planet! She has plenty of cousins to play with and had a marvelous time!
Here she is, sitting in the river...this happened accidently, but then she said, "Mom! This is so fun! I'm going to keep sitting here all day!"



My cousin Pamela's son Zachary is Abby's friend and they LOVE playing in the tubes together...this time they found out they could do tricks!



It makes me laugh, only because I spent my entire childhood in this river, doing exactly what Abby thinks is so fun!


OK, last picture...this one is for Jon! Kristin & Blair's feet at the cabin!



We then headed for North Ogden for a BBQ at Randall's and a celebration of Josh's 16th Birthday! He got a lot of i-Tunes cards to add to his collection and a great time was had by all. So, another Labor Day gone...can anyone believe that summer is over? It will be LOVELY to have cooler weather, but I keep thinking of all the fun things I still want to do with Abby and the summer is gone. Ah, well...there are plenty of fun things to do in the fall and winter! This week starts the Greek Festival...one of my FAVORITE things on the planet! It starts Thursday night and continues through Sunday...let's just say I'll be there more than once and can't wait to visit the bakery! The State Fair starts as well, so I'm sure at some point Abby & I will be going down the giant yellow slide. I think it's time for bed now, good night all!

No comments: