Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Husband - The Survey


My friend, Laurel "tagged" me to fill out this survey about my husband, so....lest I stay "tagged", here goes:
What is his name? Blair Richards Randall (all last names, actually)
How long have you been together? Well, we've known each other since November of 1985. Yes, we are old and it took a L-O-N-G time to get together! We started dating in November of 2000, were engaged in March of 2001 and were married June 11, 2001.
How old is he? 43 - and very handsome for an older man!
Who eats more? That is not a nice question, because the honest answer would be ME!
Who is taller? Oh, that would be Blair...by quite a lot.
Who sings better? Honestly? Probably Blair. But I do more singing in the car. I tend to quiet down if Blair is singing, though because he's good!
Who is smarter? Definitely Blair. I like to think I'm smarter, but he has a really good "world view" and tends to be right most of the time. Yes, I just wrote that for the whole world to see!
Whose temper is worse? Definitely mine. It takes quite a lot to make Blair angry (and I know exactly how to accomplish it, not that I'm proud of that).
Whose does the laundry? Most of the time.....Blair. I can do a bunch on Saturdays, but Blair is more consistent during the week.
Who does the dishes? Again, Blair...most of the time.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Weird question, but Blair does. Always has.
Who pays the bills? Me. If I got hit by a mack truck, I'm not quite sure Blair could make sense of how I've arranged everything. Method to my madness, though!
Who mows the lawn? Uh, the lawn care company? The nice part of owning a condo!
Who cooks dinner? Mostly me...although Blair is famous for his goulash, pies, brownies (these are especially yummy) and beef stroganoff. He made this while we were dating and I thought "GAME OVER!" Men who can cook ROCK THE PLANET!
Who drives when you are together? Uh, that would be me. Control freak. All the time.
Who is more stubborn? That would be a tie, I think.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Probably me. Contrary to popular belief, I don't like to fight...just discuss stuff! And, I probably started the "discussion", so I should be the first to apologize!
Whose parents do you see the most? Probably mine, although both our parents live close enough that we see them pretty regularly.
Who kissed who first? Blair kissed me, but WEEKS after we started dating! I was oh, so very ready when he made his move!
Who asked who out? Blair called me after I ran into his Bishop at my Aunt Penny's Open House and suggested we meet for dinner. We did.
Who proposed? That is a tricky one...because the initial conversation was about possibly starting a business together and I asked him how he thought that would be -- working together every day when we didn't even see each other every day at that time, and he said...."Well, I picture us doing that married." And, I quit breathing for about 30 seconds! Discussion went from there and the rest, as they say, is history! I got my ring a few months later.
Who is more sensitive? Blair, but you would never know that. He is quiet, but has a heart as big as the world.
Who has more friends? Well, if our wedding reception was any indication...both of us. We got married "older" and had more time to accquire friends! Most of who came to celebrate with us and most of whom we are still in touch with, along with more we've added in the 6 years we've been married.
Who wears the pants in the family? Me. Yes, I can admit it. Let's just say that I'm trying to give up my control issues, but it might take until I'm 95!
OK, I'm officially "un-tagged" now - thanks, Laurel for such a cool challenge! It was fun thinking of all those wonderful things about Blair. He's one of a kind and I'm blessed and lucky that he chose me!

1 comment:

Laurel C. said...

I loved your answers to the survey! Thanks for taking the time to fill it out... it was a lot of fun to read. :)