Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 13, 2008

American Idol

I can't believe that after almost 8 seasons I have been pulled into the addictive forces of American Idol. I resisted for so long...it was just too popular, y'know? But last week when I called my sister, my brother-in-law answered and said he was getting the kids in their pajamas so they could watch American Idol - yet another person I knew who loved it! So, I admit I was curious. What was the big deal? From the little I had seen, Simon was AWFUL and I hated when he was mean to anyone, which I heard was pretty often. What could be so fun about watching this show? My curiosity got the best of me, so I sat down and watched it. And.....I kinda fell in love! My favorite is David Cook (see cute pictures below). I'll admit that when I heard him sing "Hello" by Lionel Richie in that kinda "rocker" style, I was done for! Blair was teasing me unmercifully last night, but I don't care. I guess I can say that I love American Idol!

Kind of a cheesy picture, but whatever...I am addicted!


Yeah, I could picture myself at one of his concerts some day!

So, I if you call our house during American Idol for the next month or so...leave a message. I'm dealing with my new addiction!

5 comments:

Kati said...

He He! So sorry that we addicted you - the girls were so mad that it didn't start until 8 last night - past their bedtime! Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Boo! Boo!
I've gotta tell you (because I love you): That ain't music, sister.

Derk

Anonymous said...

Im with Derk, that is garbage. Get an Itunes account and find some real music.

Laurel C. said...

I was the odd man out at our Relief Society dinner last night. The ENTIRE (and I do mean entire) conversation at the table was about American Idol. I have never watched the show, so I sat there for an hour saying absolutely nothing. You are in good company. Apparently the whole world loves that show!

Mike Gardner said...

This is Melanie . . and not Mike. But you know I am a secret fan of American Idol. Okay - not so secret. I have always loved the show and it is the ONLY show that I have to plan to watch each week. I love David Cook as well. I loved Michael Jonns but after the last couple of weeks David Cook has really caught my eye and ear! GOod - we can talk more about it during GNO!