Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 2, 2008

One of Those Days...

Ever have one of "those" days?  Usually Sunday is a peaceful, slow, not-so-frantic day that I can relax, spend some time with Blair and Abby, go to church and hang out.  I look forward to Sundays so it was quite a surprise when today was one of "those" days!  I started the day nervous about my new church assignment (teaching the 12-18 year olds in Sunday School) but was still hopeful things would go well.  I was getting dressed, getting stuff out of the dryer when the doorbell rang.  I still wasn't dressed yet and Blair was in the shower but Abby said it was our neighbor Melissa, so I opened the door....just a crack....to find two young men from our ward coming to collect fast offerings (this happens on the first Sunday of the month and you would have thought I would remember that!) I don't think they saw much as the door was open just a crack but I was in a TOWEL and yes, both of them were supposed to be in my Sunday School class today.  PERFECT!!!!!   Strike one.  


Church started, all was well - still nervous (especially after the towel incident) but still optimistic.  As it turned out, for no good reason.  Remember being a teenager?  Remember keeping your mouth clamped shut during church?  Even if someone asked you a question?  Things haven't changed, no one talked.  I even had cool questions to ask them about themselves to get to know them better.  They answered them, but just barely.  Strike two.

Started to cook a lovely Sunday meal, actually one of my favorite things to do.  California Chicken casserole, asparagus with egg sauce (family favorite) and strawberries with cream for dessert.  Mmmmmm......until I let the asparagus boil away on the stove while reading the paper and the water actually boiled away and I BURNED THE ASPARAGUS!  Who does that?  Certainly not me!  My house smells like burned asparagus (currently trying some candles to make it smell better) but it really doesn't yet.  Strike three.

So, I figure three strikes and I'm out, right?  I'm going to bed...hopefully tomorrow won't be one of "those" days!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You burned the asparagus, really? How does that happen? What exactly does burned asparagus smell like? Im sure its not as bad as you make sound like.

Laurel C. said...

I love it! That's the best "one of those days" stories I've heard. The towel scene at the door right before you taught Sunday School was a doozy! Is it possible for Monday to be better? (I still need to call you!)

Mama Mimi said...

I hope that today is better for you! At least the sun is shining and we need to plan our GNO with our babygirls!!

Kati said...

So sorry to hear about the aparagus - it's crazy that that was probably worse than the towel incident! Hope that today is better - love you!