Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Anthony Cole Smith 11.4.07

My newest little nephew, Anthony Cole Smith was born on Sunday and I am WAY excited to be an aunt again! He weighted 7 lbs 2 oz and was 19 inches long. Mandy had to have an emergency C-section (always scary) but everything turned out fine as you can see by the pictures below:

A close-up...don't you just love his cheeks?!?!


Me, totally loving him...


Being held by Aunt Kati...



Being held by Uncle Derk...

He is absolutely darling and I am excited for Mandy & Tony to have this opportunity. Having kids does something to your life that absolutely nothing else can. I always tell new moms that it is the most fun they will ever have. Everyone else will tell them it's so hard, you never get any sleep and a baby can wear you out faster than anything else. All this is true. However, no one tells you how absolutely fun it is. I remember being exhausted feeding Abby at 2:00am but then having her smile at me or doing something totally cute or just looking at her as I was feeding her and feeling SO blessed and lucky. I always liked little kids (mostly...I did make my living babysitting from age 12 to about 16) but I absolutely, totally fell in love with my first niece, Ellie. I had no idea you could actually love a kid that much! It happened again with her twin sisters, Hannah & Rachel, her sister Sarah, her sister Emelia and her brother Cael. Obviously it totally happened with Abby, and now it's happened with Cole. There is something about a brand-new baby that just takes your whole heart. I can't wait to introduce Abby to him and have her feel the same way. She was excited for me to bring home the pictures I took of him to see for herself. She is WAY excited to tell her kindergarten class all about him tomorrow. Congratulations, Mandy & Tony and SLEEP WELL tonight, little Cole!

1 comment:

Mama Mimi said...

Oh he is cute! We love fat cheeks. How fun to have a new little one to love and hold! Congrats to your sis. Fun Times!