Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 3, 2007

Billy Joel ROCKS!!! (But bronchitis doesn't)

I can't believe I haven't reported on our latest concert adventure! Last Thursday night, Blair & I had an actual DATE to attend the Billy Joel concert downtown. I bought tickets several months ago, thinking it would be fun since I'd never seen him in concert before. (Of course, Blair had - he is the concert KING!) The day of the concert came and I just wasn't that excited...I thought it would be fun to spend an entire evening with Blair, but I just wasn't in the concert-going mood, I guess. Derk & Christine agreed to watch Abby (thank you again!), so we met them for dinner at Saltimbocca (an Italian restaurant in Sugarhouse that I HIGHLY recommend) and no pun intended...Billy Joel....Italian Restaurant....get it?!?!?!?! Anyway, we arrived at the concert a little early, had some time to wander around and talk and the show got started around 8:10pm.....and let me tell you, IT ROCKED!!!!!! Billy Joel puts on quite a show! I always admire ANYONE who can play the piano that well and he was awesome! I have to admit, though...my favorite part of the show was when he picked up a guitar, called "Chainsaw", one of his roadies out on stage, and announced that Chainsaw was going to sing us a "sacred" song that he thought most of us would be singing the lyrics to on the way home. Chainsaw then proceeded to sing a rousing rendition of AC/DC's "Highway to Hell"!!!!!!! It was AWESOME! As AC/DC is one of my top five concerts (Billy Joel is in there, too) it was great. Needless to say, my non-concert mood was quickly replaced by absolute enthusiasm and we had a great time.



Here is a recent picture of Billy....

He actually looks like this now...he introduced himself to the crowd as "Billy's Dad"!!!



Ah, but my concert enthusiasm was not to last...Saturday night my week-long sore throat got WORSE (as if that was possible) and today my doctor said I have bronchitis! Wahoo - doesn't that sound fun? It's not like I'm BUSY right now or anything...are you kidding? I don't have MOST of the shopping done, Blair would like to the Christmas cards in the mail TOMORROW (I'm working on it....) and I still haven't finished the wedding video for Brad's wedding (Blair's brother) next Friday. Plus, it's almost the end of the clerkship, so work is pretty crazy as well. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!! Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and all will be well.

And, of course I have to include some "Abby Art" and hopefully this will be included in the Christmas cards to come!



Isn't it cute? It's supposed to be a Christmas tree (not sure if those are apples on the tree) but she was very excited to possibly have it on our cards somewhere! We'll see if I can cut it down enough to include in on the labels. Just more Christmas fun!

And, in honor of our fun concert last week, here is my list of "Top Five Concerts I've Ever Attended":

  1. AC/DC (2001) Blair & I had just gotten engaged and I wasn't so sure I wanted to see AC/DC but it was AMAZING! Interesting people in the audience as well. :)
  2. Styx (summer of 1983) I got the tickets for my 17th birthday and Tommy Shaw ran down the aisle right past me!
  3. U2, both times (2002) & (2005). There is NOTHING like hearing "Pride" live and in person. I think I embarrassed Blair both times I heard it, as I had to dance and sing along. :)
  4. Def Leppard & Journey (2006) This concert was last summer and Blair bought me tickets for my birthday. It was like spending the whole night in 1984 again...and it was AWESOME!
  5. Billy Joel (see above description). I'm SOOOOOOOO glad I bought those tickets! It truly was a great concert!

1 comment:

Mama Mimi said...

Take care of yourself! Get better. The concert sounds like a blast. Lucky!!!