Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

In contrast to the last several years, we actually have been getting ready for Christmas lately! Last year I don't think we put up the tree until just a week or two before Christmas and our tree has been up and decorated for at least a week! Not that the shopping is done yet, heaven forbid! I have been using Amazon quite frequently, so Blair has been threatened with his life if he opens anything delivered by UPS! This past weekend, Abby actually got to talk to Santa (even though I'm not quite sure if she told him EVERYTHING she wants!) so I thought I'd share....

She was quite pleased to receive a candy cane as well!
When we got home, she wanted me to take a picture of the snowflake she created at school, so then she could eat it! Here it is...
So, of course once I started taking pictures, I had to get one of the tree...

Not bad for such a little space, eh? Then tonight, we just caught the end of "Mary Poppins", one of my all-time favorite movies, so Abby and I snuggled up to watch it. She decided to needed to lay down on the couch, so I put her down and went into the kitchen to start the dishwasher before bed....and came back to find this:

Do you think they're dreaming of the same things? That is Yogi's favorite spot to sleep, by the way.
Abby is truly making Christmas fun. She just assumes that everything she wants for Christmas is going to appear under the tree on Christmas morning! It's been interesting to talk to her about "needs" and "wants." I'm not quite sure she understands that yet. I'm not quite sure that I understand that yet! At any rate, it's been pretty fun getting ready for Christmas around here!

No comments: