Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Busy Christmas Saturday!

This year for Christmas in my family, we decided not to give gifts. We decided to use the money we made at the Farmer's Market (plus whatever we'd spend on each other) and do some humanitarian projects. We met at Kati & Jeff's for lunch, then put together newborn & school kits, and my mom finished some baby blankets she made. All the kids helped and learned that Christmas is more than just getting everything on your list! I am glad Abby is learning that she can GIVE as well as RECEIVE! Here she is, putting pencils in some school kits:


One of the best parts for me was cuddling with Cole and taking lots of pictures of him! See for yourself:

This was the only picture I got of him kind of smiling, isn't he cute?

Thought I'd try a black and white one...

And, here he is, relaxing on his blanket!
I will admit that I am his biggest fan! It was fun to spend time with ALL the kids as well as the rest of my family and help with such a fun project!

When we were finished, my mom and dad treated as all to to dinner at the Pizza Factory (thanks, Mom & Dad!) and then took all the kids to see Christmas Village in Ogden. Christmas Village in downtown Ogden has been going on for YEARS (at least as long as I've been around - yes, that is a REALLY long time!) and recently, they've added new things to see and it was pretty spectacular! Even though it was kind of cold, I think all the kids (and adults) had a great time!


Checking out some of the cool sites...


Here are some of the awesome lights!
It was so fun hanging out all day, but now I am tired! Abby is already asleep (as is Yogi on my bed) so I guess I'd better go as well. Good night, all! :)

2 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

Wow - it looks like you have been having some fun. I want to hold that baby! Let's get together soon.... PLEASE!!!

Anonymous said...

That picture of Mom, Mandy and Sara is freaking amazing. Good Job!!