Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A Fun Weekend

Abby, hanging out in my dad's truck

Derk & Christine at the Market

Some of my dad's beautiful vegetables


Blair & Leland at the AIDS Luau


OK, so it's taken me a few days to download the pictures and blog about the weekend...which was really fun! Saturday mornings in the summer are generally spent at the Ogden Farmer's Market, where my family takes the produce that my dad has grown. While we haven't been the best helpers in the garden, we love to go and help sell the vegetables at the market. Derk (my brother) and I have been doing this since Ogden started their own Farmer's Market (we can't remember how many years - it might be as many as 8!) Since Derk & Christine were married in May, we've all been taking turns at the market and Saturday it was me, Abby, Derk, Christine & my mom. My dad usually brings my grandma and it's so fun! I even took a few "art" shots of the vegetables, which are gorgeous...because my dad is so good at growing things! Marilyn, Blair's mom picked up Abby from the market and took her home for the afternoon so we could attend our friends (Alan & Melissa) sealing at the Bountiful Temple. It was AWESOME! Elder Uchtdorf, one of the Apostles performed the sealing and he was pretty impressive. I am still thinking of things that he said. There was a nice lunch afterwards at the church, and then I hurried to get errands done so we could go to the AIDS Foundation benefit at Dr. Mark Pfitzner and his partner Mike's house. We went with Scott & Leland and it was FABULOUS! Lots of people from work were there, as Mark is a hospitalist at Primary Children's so it was fun to see "work" people in a party setting! It was a luau, so spending a night in "Hawaii" was a treat...I truly love all things Hawaiian! And, yes...my watch is still on Hawaiian time! And, after such a fun weekend, work is just busy again! No rest for the wicked!

No comments: