Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 20, 2007

Relaxing at the Cabin

























After a fun and relaxing weekend, I was BLASTED at work today...so I thought I'd take a minute and remember how much fun we had at the cabin on Saturday! We haven't done this NEARLY as much as we should have this summer...always too many things going on. So, we just all said we were going and went! Of course, after just a short while in the river, a gigantic black cloud came up from the west and the wind blew and it RAINED really hard for a minute. The end result was we didn't get to play in the river as much as we wanted and Abby found a cool new way to express her artistic nature! Hopefully we'll be able to get to the cabin again before the summer is REALLY over! All the pictures tell a story...the first one is of the beetle my dad found, just barely alive and so Rachel gave him a proper "burial at sea" or river, as the case may be...that is Rachel in the second picture. The third picture is everyone in the cabin, looking out at the rainstorm. I kept giving my mom a heart attack with the flash on my camera...she thought it was lightning! The fourth & fifth pictures are Abby, taking advantage of all the rain and using it to write letters on the railing around the deck! Notice the very artistic "A" she drew!

No comments: