Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 9, 2007

I Love My Job!

Holly, Wendy & Me...have fun on OSCE day!

As many of you know, I have a job that most days I truly love. Right now it's the end of a third-year medical student rotation (they spend six weeks in Pediatrics) and I'm getting ready to start another rotation on Monday. We've only had nine students this time which was nice, because it's the first rotation of the year and I hadn't seen that yet. I started last October, about half-way through Rotation #3, so it's been fun introducing brand-new third year students to Pediatrics. I also have six fourth-year students whose rotations don't coincide with the third-years, so every day it's been something new! The last two days of each third-year rotation (today and tomorrow) are final exams. Today was the OSCE where students have to meet with a "standardized patient", who acts out the case and they are videotaped and then given feedback by my boss, Adam and usually another doctor. The best part of OSCE day is that the Psychiatry students have their exams at the same time and I get to hang out with Holly, the Psychiatry Coordinator and Wendy, who is in charge of all the exams and runs the control room (all exams are videotaped). I absolutely LOVE hanging out all afternoon with Holly & Wendy as you can see by the photo! They were also extremely sweet and brought me a new cookbook (Greek food - my favorite!) and a doughnut complete with candles for my birthday tomorrow! They are so great! I am truly blessed and lucky to have a job that I love so much. I really do - it's everything that I love to do! In fact, this morning I was putting all my OSCE materials in a binder, complete with tabs and everything and giggling to myself because it was just so much fun! Yes, this might be some form of mental illness but I like it! I wish everyone I knew loved their job as much as I do!

No comments: