Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bono, The Edge & Snow

The past few days have been quite exciting around our neck of the woods!  Monday (Human Rights Day) was spent at home as the entire city was hit with a GIGANTIC snowstorm!  I was SO glad I didn't have to go to work that day!  Here is a shot I took out our back door...

It doesn't really look that deep, but we got about 8 inches (on top of the other snow already there!)  They said on the news Monday night that we will get five more storms in the next fourteen days.  Kinda cool!  (In a January, snowy kinda way!)

Having a whole day in the house (along with the rest of the weekend, which was pretty much spent indoors because of Abby's pinkeye and cough) I managed to put together our little home office.  Check it out...
Blair put up the shelves and then I put everything else together...isn't it cool?  It looks even BETTER than the Elfa shelves that were $1,000 online!  I can now do about everything I do in my office at work from home.  That definitely comes in handy when a small one comes down with pinkeye and other such fun things!

Then, last night Abby and I saw the new U2 3D movie at the IMAX theater at Jordan Commons.  Blair won tickets on the radio (how cool is that?) and I just have one word....WOW!  For all those U2 fans out there...don't miss it!  And, if you like Bono as much as I do, you might possibly quit breathing at certain moments during the movie.  The 3D effects were amazing and he was literally just inches away...so yeah, I quit breathing for a minute or two!  It was AWESOME, although kinda weird because you're watching a concert, yet you feel like you should behave as if you were watching a movie, because you are.  Still, lots of people were singing along - kinda couldn't help it.  Especially during the song "Pride."  It might have been because Monday was Human Rights Day, but it made me cry.  At every U2 concert, that is always my favorite, but this was absolutely amazing.  Even Abby loved it - she said that "the guy with the sunglasses that sings" was her favorite.  YEAH!  And, my favorite part...she grabbed me at the beginning and whispered in my ear, "Mom, that guy playing the guitar (The Edge) is my friend Emily's dad!"  If this is true, we definitely need to have Emily over for a play-date.  With her dad.  :)

Well, gotta go - "Dinner Impossible" on the Food Network is on and it's quickly becoming my favorite!  Good night, all!  

2 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

OH I want to see that! I just gotta! I hope I can fit it in.

Laurel C. said...

I can attest that stormy weather (and lots of it) is on its way to you. It hasn't stopped raining here since Tuesday, and we're in for more until next Wednesday. If it's rain for me, it will be snow for you! Seeing your piles of snow made me cold. Even with the rain, it's still 45 degrees here. My daffodils are coming up, and a big Camillia bush out front is blooming red flowers all over. It's great sitting out this cold winter in California! :)