Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas, New Year's, Etc. Etc. Etc.!!!

Yes, I realize that it is already January 5th and I haven't blogged since before Christmas! Yikes! This is because we have been BUSY! Christmas (and the weekend before) were incredibly fun. I came home on the Friday before Christmas to an early present from Leland & Scott...a new fireplace! It is soooooo awesome and Blair had even set up Christmas stockings! We are sooooo blessed and lucky to have friends that are so good to us!


You can't really see how cool it is, I need to take some more pictures.

Then, Saturday we went to "Breakfast with Santa" at the zoo with Todd, Karrie, Reagan & Bridger. This is becoming a yearly tradition that we really look forward to! We all get a hot, yummy breakfast, the kids get to create a craft and then all the kids get a picture with Santa. We also took the opportunity to walk around the zoo and meet the new baby giraffe! A great time was had by all...here are the photos!

Here is Abby, talking to Santa (she had a lot to tell him!)

Here are Reagan, Bridger & Abby...cute cousins!

The BEST time to see the tigers (and other cats at the zoo) is in the winter. They are active and SO cool to watch. I took a video of the kids "chasing" the leopard but for some reasons Blogger won't let me upload it. I guess I'll try again later!
Sunday we went to Todd & Karrie's for a fun Christmas dinner and games (which are ALWAYS hilarious!) and had a great time. Abby always has fun with her cousins! Here they are, looking a little goofy! (Well, Abby looks a little goofy!)

Monday night was the annual Richard's family Christmas Eve party in North Ogden. (This is Blair's mom's side of the family) and it's always fun. Abby always looks forward to the Christmas play and this year she was an angel (isn't she always?!?!) I'm not quite sure if she's flexing her "angel muscles" or what!

Then, the big event...CHRISTMAS! Abby was so darling this year - she was thrilled with everything Santa brought her. She was MORE thrilled with what our friends lovingly bestowed upon her! She loved her talking parrot & chef outfit from Leland & Scott and the laptop with games from Earl! In fact, those were her favorite presents - who needs Santa when you have Leland, Scott & Earl?!?! She also loved her "Littlest Pet Shop" toys and promptly spend the $$$ she recived from Grandma Boothe to buy more of them at Toys-R-Us the day after Christmas. I am starting to realize that this might become a habit for her! Santa (Blair) was INCREDIBLY kind to me (even though I didn't deserve it) and I GOT A MAC!!!!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!!!!! I was literally stunned when I opened the box and couldn't speak properly for at least 10 minutes. It came with a "One-to-One" membership which means that I get "Mac training" every week at the Apple store for a year. Isn't that SO COOL?!?!? I had my first class this morning and I CAN'T WAIT to set everything up. I still need to migrate all my documents, pictures, etc. over to my external hard drive, load them on the Mac, then set it all up. It's so cool that it makes me giggle even thinking about it! Yeah, I know - techno-nerd....but PROUD OF IT!!!
The next week I took some time off work (no students right now!) and spent the whole time with Abby and Blair (when he wasn't at work). Can I just say how truly lovely that was? We went to movies, lunch, played with her presents, and just hung out. I just LOVE being with both of them! We spent New Year's Eve with Kati & the kids, eating LOTS of yummy food and playing "Dance Dance Revolution" which is AWESOME! I was threatened with my life if I put pictures up...so no pictures. It was fun, though! We made it home before midnight, called Blair who was working and then Abby went to bed and I listened to the fireworks downtown when it was midnight. We spent New Year's Day in North Ogden having fondue with Randall's and participating in the annual broom hockey game! Here are a few shots...

Fighting over the "puck" (small soccer ball!)


Dallas & Todd, fighting it out...it gets pretty intense!

This week Blair has been busy...he put up new shelves in our bedroom so we can have our own little home office! We had a computer desk up and everything, but now things are really going to be organized and AWESOME! I am working hard to go through all the stuff on my PC so I can migrate it over to my Mac. Tonight we are going to "Frost Fest" that University Health Care puts on at the Salt Palace. They even offered some discounts to local hotels, so Abby gets to spend the night with Reagan & Bridger (she keeps asking if it's time to go yet!) and Blair and I get a little vacation! Should be fun! Tomorrow we are traveling to Logan for Cole's blessing. I couldn't end a blog without a cute picture of him....

Isn't he SO cute?!?! He really looks like he loves his present! I can't wait to see him tomorrow!

I will try to post more regularly, now that the new year has started...maybe that can be one of my resolutions! Happy New Year!

No comments: