Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow & More Snow

Yeah, we've got snow.  LOTS of it.  And we seem to get more and more of it, about every other day.  The evening news predicted another 6 inches by tomorrow morning, followed by another storm Sunday and then another one next Wednesday.  Yeah, I'm a little jealous of Laurel's flowers on her porch and the balmy 50 degrees.  But...I would miss how amazingly beautiful all this snow is.  Yeah, I know - I'm nuts!  But check out these recent pictures...isn't it beautiful?


I love how it looks when the sun is rising or setting and everything is pure and beautiful in the snow.  I wish I would have had my camera this morning on the way to work.  The mountains looked spectacular!  

So, the snow is messy and hard to drive in on occasion and every morning I pray as I drive up the steep driveway that I will actually make it to the top.  I repeat the same prayer as I drive up 1st South to the University...I would absolutely hate to start sliding back down...that is my fear.   So far, though...as bad as this winter has been, driving has been OK.  So, yeah - as nice as warmer weather would be, I'm going to appreciate what we have....the snow!  

3 comments:

Laurel C. said...

I actually miss the snow too! It doesn't quite seem like winter or January without it. We're thinking of these 3 years in NorCal as three winters off. Then we're back to the snow grind when we move to Colorado Springs in 2009. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

75, partly cloudy, chance of rain. That has been my weather forcast for the last seven years. Jealous?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin! I know this doesn't have anything to do with the weather, but I cannot believe how big Abby is! It's been a while since I've visited your blog and it took me by surprise. Weren't we just recently two single gals sitting in that Mexican restaurant eating salsa and divulging our deepest, darkest secrets? :) I miss you!!!!